Sunday 5 May 2013

Desert Insurgents - complete


Some quick shots of the completed desert troops here.

I'm really happy with these and they're possible my own personal favourite so far!

My head is swirling with ideas for them, there's not a whole lot of specific equipment or design that ties them down to one genre – to me they're suitable for Steampunk Victoriana, Sci-fi militaria, Space Opera, Post Apocalyptic survivors.... all of the above please.

The one direction I want to pursue at this point in time is space opera – less hard science and military and more fantastical. I've started some 'Royal Guard' uniformed miniatures that I want to have a space Byzantine appearance (the head will be helmeted). An old man of the desert and a young messiah wouldn't be out of place either.








No comments:

Post a Comment