Monday 11 March 2019

Tox Troopers remastered





After a long hobby drought I got a sculpting itch, so jumped in on a whim a remastered my tox trooper sculpts. I have no idea if these are still on sale or in stock at anvil industry at the present time.




In terms of remastering it was more than touch ups here and there... I completely chopped off all the feet and re-sculpted them (I never used to be good at feet) and added some more bulk to the lower long coats.

When I originally made them it wasn't to proxy into an existing game system, the style of my sculpts was very slim and tall, unlike most of the popular ranges out in the market. I've picked up some Games Workshop stuff recently and think I'll use them as heresy era traitor guard at some point.

If I can finish up a heavy weapon trooper and some command/characters I might have them cast up.

They are still quite slight and make the old space marines look suitably superhuman. Compared to the newer Primaris space marines though they will be completely tiny... so I did a mock up of a heroic style trooper...





3 comments:

  1. These would be great for Death Guard 'Cultists'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larger size mock up looks great. Would go much better with the Primaris (and with the new necromunda figures)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hullo mate - I'm interested in getting my hands on some of your Tox Troopers, but they're out of stock at both Edinburgh and Anvil Industry. Would you be willing to sell me some directly? Please drop me an email: comrade@comradewargames.com. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete