Friday 21 July 2017

Greek Mythology - conversion parts coming in metal






I know doing aftermarket conversion parts for Games Workshop miniatures is most peoples gateway into sculpting... but what about conversion parts for historical miniatures?

Pretty common I'm sure.

I've previously mentioned my love of all things Victrix. Regular readers will also be aware of my mythology sculpts taking shape.

I really don't think there's much need for the basic hoplites... there's a few plastic kits out there from a couple of manufacturers (they do want for some dynamic poses but I'll take care of that soon). What I did want to see though was fantastical helmets and weapons that I could use on all those plastics...

Here's a few early stage snaps of my metals parts in action. More to follow. Comment below if you are interested in getting your hands on some.













And as a closing statement - buy Victrix. They are amazing!




2 comments:

  1. Very cool looking. The Hollywood fantasy helmets look great. Now you need to have some skellys for them to fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would absolutely love love LOVE historical scale conversion parts! I really want to convert Victrix Napoleonic into Imperial Guard but I'm stuck for headswaps. Gasmasks+bearskin hats would be so lovely.

    ReplyDelete