Monday 5 September 2016

Black Praetorians - WIP sculpts



I sculpted a few of these a couple of years ago now I'm finally getting round to finishing a full squad!



The idea and design for these goes all the way back to 2008! At that time I was just getting into sculpting, and Troll Forged miniatures were casting and selling some of my stuff (I think some of my sculpts are still on sale there to this day).

This will be the second time I've sculpted the mini's! The first lot were more pulp sci-fi. I think they're probably stored away in a box somewhere at Troll Forged, never having made it to production. In fairness they were quite rubbish as sculpts go!

I've even got a full on mythology drafted for them, sci-fi based. This incarnation of the Black Praetorians are however clockpunk styled! So I'll need to edit the text and bring into line with the tech and setting.

In my last post I mentioned I really loved the Victrix ancient plastics. I also like their Napoleonic stuff...so it should be no surprise these are scaled to match that range!

More to follow on these in the near future.


Oh and while were talking Napoleonics, here's a little test I'm doing for some 10mm stuff!






### EDIT - oh shit look I found some really old stuff in my photobucket! Black Praetorians and Redcoats! This takes me back... my "House Crowmantia" stuff with Anvil Industry is also from this mythology. Very gothic horror, originally Sci-Fi, now transplanted to the 19th century!






























All that should give you a rough idea of what I want to do with this range! 











7 comments:

  1. They look great, really like the supporting concept art. Solid idea and great to see the models coming to life now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Time permitting I want to try and develop in the 2d art space.

      Delete
  2. Do you have any miniatures for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my sculpts available for purchase are here - http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Boutique/Miniatures-of-the-North

      Delete
  3. Do you have any miniatures for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen these for sale on the anvil site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope the range is still work in progress, aiming for an October release this year.

    ReplyDelete