Thursday 10 February 2022

Paint jobs - 3D printed skeletons

I think these aren't bad, I could tweak them forever but they paint up well (very quick paint job and I'm a bit rusty).

The poses need a bit of work. I really like the one slightly swaying and dragging his sword and would like to get more of that characterisation into the range. 

In terms of scale style and size I think I'm good to go, next up will be making some dynamic looking poses and getting them printed. The armour will have slightly more elaboration on it so when I go in with the patina on the bronze the wash has lots of detail to pool around. I do regret the armoured skeleton pose being a bit bland but it was actually the first test print... just so happens it was spot on in terms of what I wanted and was able to paint it.

Getting ahead of myself, no reason I can't do medieval themed skeletons with these base files in the future.

For now I'm sticking to mythology.







4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. They are growing on me, the more I look at the physical minis.

      Delete
  2. These look really good and have your stamp on them despite being an entirely different medium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Lets hope I can do the same with the Fallen Dwarves range!

      Delete