Sunday 17 January 2021

Sci-Fi terrain - bring the colour

 Grimdark, grey gothic ruins are hopefully about to go out of vogue.

I made some of this stuff a while ago and never finished it, hopefully this is the first in a series I'll do on making some interesting and colourful futuristic terrain.

To start I've got 4 terrain swatches made up, I'll use this to experiment and document a tutorial for a couple of different techniques. Variations on basecoat, wash, weathering, sponging, paint splatters, stencil markings, etc.etc.









5 comments:

  1. This is nice. Clean & bright, and, well, nice. It has a kinda cool 80s-90s mainstream scifi vibe. I love your wall panels too. So wonderfully geometric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I want to achieve a comic book/cartoon style with the terrain so bright colours and simple geometric designs come into play. It's not as hard as it seems, I'll do some tutorials in the near future.

      Delete
  2. Matakishis Tea House has a free pdf https://www.matakishi.net/store/p28/Futuristic_City_construction_guide.html the results of which you can see on his blog providing a future `clean' city for gaming over. Very Logans Run!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx, that looks like a really cool resource!

      Delete