Thursday 31 December 2020

Steelheart's Champions, Stormsire's Cursebreakers - paint jobs and thoughts on Games Workshop style

I painted these a while ago. I've always liked the design of the Stormcast Eternals, but I can't call these miniatures anymore... they're too big! It's telling that Games Workshop haven't used the term 'scale miniatures' in a long time (20+ years).

I've stopped buying Games Workshop minis. Their starter sets are fantastic value for money but I always end up with a ton of minis that will sit in a box until I can be bothered to put them up on ebay.

There's also a bit of confusion between detail and complexity. These are not detailed kits. The level of detail on them is the kind suitable for 15mm scale. They are however complex. They're model kits like airfix these days, the extra parts affords the complexity and helps them avoid the flatness of pose associated with the mould making process.

I'll never have an 'army' of this stuff, waaaay to big in size. But they are perhaps suitable for small scale skirmish and perhaps RPG style games.








No comments:

Post a Comment